10.03.2012

John Carter

Due to my work in the cinema I watched John Carter yesterday.
It's an 3D si-fi movie from Disney.
Everybody simply needs to watch it. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie so much. It's fun, full of action and even has a little bit of love [in my eyes maybe a little too much but it was ok]
The story is about John Carter, a former Civil War soldier. He escaped his soldier duties and tries to find a gold mine. With a few problems he finds a cave with gold and in there he somehow gets transported to the planet Mars - it's called "Barsoom" by the natives.
Johan Carter is meeting some Tharks. They want to kill him first but seeing his jumping skills [gravity differnce between earth and barsoom, you know?] the decide to arrest him.
Tharks are awesome Martians! They are tall, green, have four arms and a completly different culture.
Tharks are of course not the only inhabitants of Barsoom but they are the most interessting ones. The ofter two cultures look like humans and having kind of a civil war. I don't want to spoil too much of the story just one of the other natives is a good-looking woman with stunning blue eyes.
Most of the time I'm not a big fan of 3D. But this time I enjoyed it a lot. The pictures were clear and I didn't have a blurred picture once.
The world/mars/barsoom was aweesome. They made it look so different to earth, it just seemd really to be a new world. I love the idea of differnt worlds - like middle earth. But they need to do it genuine - and they did!
The story was full of action, fun, love and surprise till the end - I almost got a heart attack in the last 5 minutes. There are moments you want to cry, you have to laugh or you want to hide somewhere because it's getting so intense.
Please everybody, go and watch this movie!

Anyway I think I will buy the books to this movie.

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ - atmosphere
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - comedy
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ - action
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ - love
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - horror
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ - epicness

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen